Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Sweetwater vs The Volgu using the Modern Flintknapping Scoring System

Below are the scores for the Sweetwater, the Volgu and dad's best Sweetwater replica to date. But keep in mind I have not actually measured the Volgu. I am using measurements I found listed online and I am using a standard W/T and L/T ratio with the Volgu(since I have no way of knowing the average diameter) but using an average W/T and L/T on the Sweetwater and replica.

The Sweetwater has a total score of 6606.6, getting 3800 points for the W/T and 2300 for L/T.
The Volgu has a total score of 4083.5, getting 936 points for W/T and 2250 for L/T
The replica has a total score of 3609.6, getting 1584 points for W/T and 1450 for L/T.

The Sweetwater has a W/T of 17/1 and L/T of 55.5/1
The Volgu has a W/T of 13.6/1 and L/T of 55/1
The replica has a W/T of 14.7/1 and L/T of 46/1.

If you are not familiar with the Modern Flintknapping Scoring System, it can be found at www.modern-flintknapping.com under "grading and scoring". How I figure an average diameter can also be found by actually clicking on the "grading and scoring" link itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment